Thursday, September 8, 2011

The Real Reason French Women Stay Thin Is...

...because the food is so expensive.  Eating out is so much costlier than in the US, even when you do it the "French" way and order the pre-set menus.  I find myself eating enough not to be hungry, but not so much that I'm full.  I'm sure it's healthier, but for all those friends (ahem, Sarah...) who predicted I would come back with a few too many pain-au-chocolat around my waist, I predict that instead I will be at the peak of fitness.  I walk miles (that's kilometres over here) every day, have no car, and am too cheap to feed myself enough.

3 comments:

anon said...

Thanks for sharing! Miss, miss, miss you guys!

Hack Mom said...

Such wonderful missives from across the sea - thank you for sending us the link! It's great to "hear" your voice through your writing, even if we can't see you in person. Happy Birthday to G, and keep enjoying the many adventures!
xo,
Sarah
PS: Harvest Party is this weekend - you'll be missed!

Jenny Sandelson said...

Can't wait to hear more - living vicariously through you. What an adventure!
Love from Jenny